Specialized 2020 Turbo Vado 4.0 Limited
How did we manage to take one of our most versatile and fun Turbo e-bikes and make it even better? Well, we started with the smile-inducing speed and agility of the Turbo Vado 4.0 and added gravel-taming, all-terrain tires and a plush, bump-smoothing suspension seatpost—giving you the freedom and confidence to take on any road, even the one less traveled.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 motor, the Turbo Vado proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 motor features a silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations.
For the Vado 4.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-500 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city.
The new wired Turbo Connect Display (TCD-w) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays important ride metrics (speed, cadence, rider power, distance, battery level, time, etc.), it also allows you to connect the latest version of the Mission Control App for an enhanced Turbo experience. With our free app for iOS and Android phones, you easily customize motor parameters, control your range, record/upload rides, and perform basic system diagnosis.
To top off all of the innovative features, we chose a worry-free spec that features Shimano 10-speed components, all-terrain tires, suspension seatpost, hydraulic disc brakes, front/rear lights, and fender & rack mounts.
- The Turbo Vado features a lightweight alloy frame that’s been designed with our Fitness/Transportation Geometry.
- The Turbo Vado’s Specialized 1.2 motor has been fully integrated with the frame, and it's been custom-tuned for city riding. We designed it to intuitively react to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- We made the custom 500 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.
- Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- 700C disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
- Specialized Canopy Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- Herrmans H-Black MR8 e-Bike, stainless bracket for suspension fork
- Specialized DRYTECH fenders, 52mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, Fitness/Transportation Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
SR Suntour NCX E25, steel steerer, 15mm thru-axle, 44mm offset, 50mm of travel
Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 32h
Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
DT Swiss Industry
700C disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
Presta, 40mm valve
Sawtooth Sport, 700x50c
Sawtooth Sport, 700x50c
Custom alloy forged crankarms
40T, custom alloy
Shimano Deore, RapidFire Plus, 10-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
Shimano HG500, 10-speed, 11-42t
KMC X10eT, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm
Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
Specialized Body Geometry Contour, lock-on
Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
Specialized Canopy Sport, steel rails, 155mm
Spring suspension, alloy, 30.9mm, 2-bolt
Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
Specialized 1.2, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages
Specialized U1-500, On/Off button, state of charge display, 500Wh
Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
Custom Specialized harness
Herrmans H-Black MR8 e-Bike, stainless bracket for suspension fork
Herrmans H-Trace Mini e-Bike, 220-degree visibility, fender-mount
Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
DRYTECH fenders, 52mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
Turbo Rack, Closed Platform, direct fender mount, Racktime-compatible
Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors